Letter to Luna on her 1st Birthday

Monday, February 3, 2014


Happy 1st Birthday baby girl! On February 3, 2013 at 11:31 p.m. you came into this world, and I would go through it over and over again just to have you! This year you have brought us such immense joy that it's hard to put into words. You have taught daddy and I so much about unconditional love and strength. You are such an amazing baby, and we are blessed to be your mommy and daddy. We cannot wait to see what's to come! 

I'd like to tell you a little about yourself: 
  • You have 2 teeth (and possibly a few more coming since your hand is in your mouth all day!) 
  • You give kisses 
  • You say "Hi Dad" every now and gain, and mommy knows all your babbles & gestures.
  • You have a full head of beautiful hair!! It is the first thing EVERYONE tells us! I love it! You'll soon realize that your mom loves accessories! 
  • You favorite songs are If Your Happy and You Know It and Roar by Katy Perry. 
  • You are a calm & happy baby.
  • You love when I sing to you.
  • You love when Daddy pretty much does anything (except for sucking out boogies!) 
  • You love books and wood puzzles.
  • You aren't walking yet, but definitely thinking about it.
  • Your favorite foods are green beans and Happy Baby puffs. 
  • You love to chug your water from your sippy cup. 
  • Your favorite toys are stuffed (ballerina & lamb) and random things like empty tissue boxes.

This weekend we celebrated your birthday with a small, but wonderful gathering at home. It was both your grandparents, your godparents, Mikey and your uncles, and of course mommy and daddy! At first mommy felt guilty for not throwing you a huge party, but mommy does know best! You were so happy and put on a fantastic clapping, smiling and babble show for everyone! You also got a taste of cake for the first time, and let me tell you, you liked it! 


So my little nugget on this day I wish that you know how much I truly love you! I love you so much that I miss you when you are asleep! I kiss you a gazillion times per day, and daddy sometimes goes into your room just to see you one more time before bed.  Thank you for making us better people and for always putting a smile on our faces (even when you take a big poop!). 

Now hold my hand tight and mommy will guide you into toddlerhood!

1 comment

  1. I'm so happy to have such a great woman as my wife, and the best daughter a father could ask for!

    ReplyDelete