Decor: Entryway

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I love interior decorating and now that we have settled into our home and our daughter is a little older (13 months).  I am finally starting to get into the groove of things and ready to tackle some decor projects.  Some of our home has been updated with new paint (bedrooms only, but they still need finishing touches).  Therefore, I am going to start a decor series and give you all glimpses of my home and the updates we are making.  

I am beginning with our entryway. It currently looks like this: 


As you can see, I do not have much space for an entryway table, but I will make it work! There were tons of beautifully styled entryways on Pinterest that I love, but since we have limited space for any substantial furniture or decor, I knew I had to get creative.  Therefore, I went for an Ikea shoe cabinet for style and function. So here are a few photos of what we have chosen and some inspiration:

http://theturquoisehome.com/2013/02/picking-perfect-gray-paint/
The above photo is the paint color we chose for the entryway which is Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore, but I found out that I can get any color matched at Lowes as long as I have the name.  And that is exactly what I did! The color doesn't stand out as much as I wanted it to, so I may darken it or it may grow on me. 


One of my tricks is always buying new hardware (especially for cheaper furniture).  I picked up Allen+Roth knobs at my local Lowes. 




I look forward to sharing the final entryway photos with all of you!

Hope your are having a great start to the week!



3 comments

  1. How fun. Can't wait to see the finished entryway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I'll be posting an update soon!

      Delete
  2. Super cute inspo! Loving that first mirror!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete