Decor: Office/Guestroom

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Since we have yet to complete our breakfast nook area, I thought I would also get you up-to-date on other parts of our home. 

This is our office/guestroom (just ignore the creepy reflection of my husband!):


This room has split personalities, and we really need to fix that.  It was originally an office, and then a guestroom with a full size bed, and now it is back to an office.  Every time my family comes to visit we find ourselves switching up the room all over again and it has become a pain in the butt.  There is no way around it, this room has to be an office and a guest room, and we will have to make it work!   

Our new plan is to put in a sofa bed for the opposite wall. Searching for sofa bed and actually deciding which one to purchase was a daunting task. We thought about going with an Ikea sofa, but comfort and budget won. 

We found a comfortable and reasonably priced sofa sleeper on sale at our local furniture store. The style and color would not have been my first choice, but sometimes you have to go with what works and what is in the budget.

This is the sofa bed we purchased. My style is a bit mid-century, but this classic chocolate brown couch will have to do in our office/guestroom. 



My plan is to style it up with some great pillows, and accents.  Below is some inspiration.

http://bliss-athome.com/2014/01/10/living-room-refresh-buh-bye-blues/
The couch will arrive this weekend so I am hoping to provide you with a full update on our office/guestroom soon! 









No comments

Post a Comment